Rachel Morgan, a new blogger friend from the Fourth Writers’ Platform-Building Campaign, has tagged me in the 11 random questions game. The rules are that I answer Rachel’s 11 questions, and then I tag 11 people and ask them my own 11 questions. Rachel had some toughies, but it was fun figuring out my answers. Here they are:
1. Describe yourself in one word.
Procrastinator (even with this - Rachel tagged me six days ago!)
2. What was your favourite book as a child?
Hmm… depends on what age you mean when you say child. As a small child, probably Green Eggs and Ham. But the one book I read over and over as a tween/teen was Dean Koontz’s Watchers, showing I liked the dark and twisty stuff from an early age. But it also had a super smart dog, so that was a big part of the appeal.
3. eBooks or paper books?
I love everything about the weight and smell and feel of paper books. But having said that, I’m seriously thinking about breaking down and getting an ipad 3 when they come out to see what all the fuss is about.
4. If you could go back in time and change one thing in your life, what would it be?
Figure out I wanted to be a writer sooner in order to get an earlier start.
5. What song is currently stuck in your head?
Not just currently, but seemingly all the time – the Glee mash-up of Adele’s “Rumor Has It” and “Someone Like You.” I love both songs, so smooshing them together in one song of awesomeness has put it on a permanent loop in my head.
6. What fictional character do you most resemble?
Velma from Scooby-Doo. I’m kind of a nerdy know-it-all, I love a good mystery, and I bribe my dog to do what I say with tasty snacks.
7. If you could have any super power, what would you choose?
The ability to teleport, so I could easily travel the world (and also pop into a room to eavesdrop).
8. What is your favourite quote?
“It takes less time to do a thing right, than it does to explain why you did it wrong.” Henry Wadsworth Longfellow Why, yes, I’m a perfectionist – why do you ask?
9. Are you a full-time writer or do you have some other day job?
I’m a full time
web surfer TV watcher reader writer.
10. Which book would you pick up first: awesome cover or super cool title?
I’m a sucker for a good title (especially the punny ones), but I’m also attracted to bright, shiny objects. But in the end, a great title with a bland cover will get me to commit more than a fancy cover with a blah title.
11. Cream or ice-cream?
Ice cream – Always. And almost every night.
Here are my 11 questions:
1. First draft: do you type it or write it by hand?
2. Which television show (current or sadly canceled) best depicts your life?
3. Which television show (current or sadly canceled) do you WISH depicted your life?
4. What types of pets do you currently share your house with and what are their names?
Because I will shamelessly take any opportunity to plug my first short film Saying Goodbye
: If a cat predicted your death, how would it change your life?
Because I will shamelessly take any opportunity to plug my second short film High Heels and Hoodoo
: Do you believe it’s possible to communicate with spirits?
7. What book are you currently reading and why did you decide to read it?
8. What was the last movie you saw in a theater? Worth it or did you wish for a refund?
9. Which actress/actor would be perfect to play you in the movie about your life?
10. When it comes to the craft of writing, what is your biggest weakness?
11. Writer’s block has set in with a vengeance – what food do you reach for first?
So the big question… who am I going to tag? Well, as I’ve been making my rounds through my ginormous YA Campaign group, it seems like pretty much everyone has already been tagged. And since I like to break the rules
when it comes to these things, I’m going to tag… YOU! That’s right, you there reading this post. But that’s only if you want to play along. If you’re weary of the random questions, then please ignore my cheeky tag. But if you haven’t been tagged yet and wanted to answer some questions, then consider yourself tagged. Or if you’ve been tagged before, but just can’t get enough of these random questions, then you’ve been tagged again. And you can either answer these on your own blog or just leave a comment with your answers if you prefer. I can't wait to read your responses!
Are you enjoying reading/answering these 11 questions? Any questions you wished someone would have asked but hasn’t? If you answer my questions on your blog, please leave a link in the comments because I’d love to read the answers.